Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Finished Product

The Quiet Book Swap of '09 is officially a success! I can't even believe how well it went. First a thanks to all the lovely ladies who participated:
Emily
Megan
Lisa (private)
Mellissa
Angie
Natalie (private)
Deanna
Nicole
Becky

This project was only as successful as our weakest link and thank goodness that we had no weak links. These women did everything I asked them to do, and more. Thank you thank you thank you!

Would I do this again? Absolutely. I might change a couple of things, but for the most part, it ran really smoothly. I was able to get everything on my end finished before the other ladies' pages starting arriving. This meant that as they arrived, I could put them together and then the final product took no time at all. The biggest oops on my part was underestimating the cost of shipping, meaning I was in the red at the end. Also, I would have made the books smaller, maybe 9" x 9" instead of the 10.5" x 10". Why? The binding around the covers of the book needed slightly more fabric than one regularly-sized piece of cotton gives. This meant that I had to piece together each binding and that was a pain. Had I done them in a 9" x 9" size, the circumference would be 36", totally doable with a 42"-wide piece of fabric. When I think about what could have been (non-payers, horrible pages, etc.), I feel really lucky!

How could I not do it again? It was a fairly painless process with an absolutely-worth-it outcome. It's a no-brainer. I hope that the women who participated feel the same way.

Without further delay, the finished pages:




And all bound on the front and back by two identical pages looking like this:

7 comments:

  1. Thanks again for doing it! It was fun! I stumbled across this blog http://quietbook.blogspot.com/
    It's got some SUPER cute ideas for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just adore it - i am so amazed at what everyone did. holy moly. my kids got a sneak peek at it yesterday and they, too, loved it! even miles was begging to look at it again. it's amazing - thanks so much for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! I especially loved the note about how it was created. What a fun memory it will be! Good job ladies. Once I get my machine, I'm totally in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Erin for doing this! Everyone's pages look so great. I can't wait to use this. Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dito! I am putting another check in the mail for you tomorrow. Thank you so much for putting it together it was a great experience for me! The finished product makes it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, i sent you a check, too. with chuck's b-day card. and, sorry, no Frosty coupons since they are only good in Western CO. sorry. :( i'll buy you guys one over thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, thank you! You were so great and they really are so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete