Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Peek

I know I should wait (actually, I don't know that), but I just can't. I love it so much. Here's the head part of Rhett's Paul Bunyan costume. We picked up the flannel shirt and axe handle at the thrift store yesterday, and I made the suspenders on Monday. I want him to walk around dressed up for the next three weeks, that's how much I love it. Tutorial (and genius idea) came from Ashley at Make it and Love it.


And just think, with a little trim to that fleece beard, next year Rhett could dress up like his Uncle Derek!


P.S. Dude. Is it ever going to stop raining over here? I know it's not as bad as some of the tropical storms we've had, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy with it. I am definitely NOT grateful for the moisture we've received.

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. Love the reference to the "Utah prayer." (Jab: It's gorgeous here in UT, only a bit of rain, but still lovely.)

    And Rhett looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

    I so wish that I could [try harder to] convince my girls to be and wear something other than "princess." Sigh. Half of me wants to make them dress up as Rosie the Riveter or Jane Goodall, the other half says that I should push that more when they are teens and can really understand and support it on their own. For now, in my mind maybe I can pretend they are Queen Elizabeth I instead of Cinderella? ... Eh. Who cares. It's Halloween, not World Women's Day. It's about the CANDY for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best costume ever. :) and all we see is the face. oh it's gonna be good! can't wait for the uncle derek costume next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that beard is so great. seriously. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog doesn't fail to make me laugh! Thank you so much for including the picture of your brother! Too funny. I did see that idea on make it love it. Wish I was her, she is amazing!! Can't wait to see his full costume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looooove his costume!!! What will Ollie be??? Fred's going to be Dracula. Can't wait for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete