Saturday, May 9, 2020

Covid-19: Questions to Ask Friends I Haven't Talked to Since this Began

Because I haven't really communicated with friends, I can't believe how much I miss our conversations. UPDATE: even though we aren't running every Thursday night, we did start doing Thursday night firesides. Jenny has a gas fire thing in her backyard and we go over and sit (six feet apart) and talk. It's lovely.

What are you reading?
After I finished Gone With the Wind, Everett and I swapped book recommendations. So I'm currently doing The Fellowship of the Ring and he's reading Anne of Green Gables. My mom sent me a package of books, and I've never looked forward to a package as much as I have this one. UPDATE: It arrived Thursday and it was amazing!

What are you watching?
Chuck and I are working our way through Orange is the New Black. Once we're done with that, maybe we'll move on to Unorthodox or Succession.

What are you buying?
Some clothes for all of us, the CUTEST shoes for me, office stuff (because you know, home is the new workplace).

What are you creating?
When I get the energy for it, I bought some wooden pendants for cross stitching. I even bought some for the boys to make as Christmas gifts. Also, I took our family videos for the years 2013 through 2018 and turned them into DVDs. That feels like an accomplishment for sure.

What are you yelling at your kids?
NO YOU CANNOT HAVE SCREENS.

What are you baking?
Obviously cookies, banana bread, some whole wheat bread, and one boxed cake because it was Friday, but, more importantly, these delicious pop tarts. I highly recommend them. After writing this I realized how sad my baking resume looks. I need to bake more.

But what I definitely don't want to talk about is coronavirus.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. The Count of Monte Cristo (which mom just read and finished!)
    2. The Middle is something we are watching as a family. Ben and I just finished Poldark.
    3. I am pretty much only buying groceries. So boring.
    4. Hmmmm, working on my unofficial race that I organized.
    5. Umm, hmmm. No! perhaps. I don’t yell that, I just have to tell them that a lot. I yell random things throughout the day depending on how they bugged me. Ha.
    6. I actually haven’t baked too much. Just making daily dinners, etc.

    ReplyDelete