Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fathers' Day, Observed

Remember how last week's Fathers' Day was such a bust? I was not happy with how it turned out and knew it must be repeated. On Sunday we tried again and it was much better. Chuck was laden with presents (that is, if you call Mike and Ike's and some new Tupperware "laden"). We put up the Fathers' Day banner. We even let him sleep in--until almost 7 a.m.! And he got a roast for dinner. Because I don't know anything about meat that comes in that size, he had to cook it, but that's actually for the best. He knows if it were left to me, it'd end up being "pesto roast" or something similar. After dinner was this yummy dessert (with raspberries!) on which we can all agree.

And because I'm working on another family memory book and I needed a family photo, I made everyone take pictures today. It took only about twenty five takes to get (1) Rhett not acting ridiculous, (2) Ollie looking at the silly bee hat camera, (3) Chuck's tie not askew, and (4) me remembering to take off my glasses and getting my hair just so. Anyway, this was the best we got. We're a little washed out, but that's okay. It'll work.


Oh, right. Am I supposed to write some sort of Fathers' Day tribute to my husband? Uh, yeah, so, how about, "Chuck--you have mad fathering skillz." Is that okay? I'm not very good at this type of thing.

And to my own father, "Thanks for letting us stay in your house and ruin 'antique' your beautiful things. Keep up the good work, Elder!"

And to those of you who doubt, the Tupperware was actually a very well-received gift, thank-you-very-much. Chuck detested (rightfully so) our old stuff and after finding out it's pretty cheap, well, a Fathers' Day present we have.

4 comments:

  1. glad round 2 of father's day was better.

    and i ADORE that picture! it's so cute of everyone!!! chuck's tie is awesome. as are the boys' vests, of course! you dress is really cute, too - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to know where you got that cute dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look fantastic! And I second the dress being cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful picture and excellent tributes!

    ReplyDelete