Friday, July 20, 2012

Random, and I Mean REALLY Random

Sometimes Chuck has me pick up a soda for him while I'm out and about. Every time I go through the drive-thru and buy one, I feel the need to explain that the soda isn't for me. Tell the employee that I'm not the one addicted to caffeine. Really. I promise. It makes me feel sort of dirty to hold it. But when I steal sips (a la my mom), I forget that I feel dirty and feel rather refreshed. Go figure.

How horrible is it that I let Bruno eat his own puke so I don't have to clean it? Pretty bad, I know.

Apparently Ollie does this multiple times during the day. Since he's sometimes successful in getting in, he keeps at it.


Chuck took Rhett out for "Rhett Day" last Friday. They went to the zoo. Thursday night (of course it's the night before) I decide Rhett needs zoo-appropriate shorts. I made these.




Then, if it makes you feel better, Friday night I tried to copy some other shorts of his so I could make another pair, but they turned out horribly. What a waste of half a yard of seersucker. Unfortunately (fortunately?) there is no photographic evidence of that debacle.

I just noticed that I still have a winter cross-stitch on my walls. (And no comments on cross stitch in general.  I still like this particular one, okay?) I guess I just leave it up now, right? I mean, why put it away when I'm going to have to get it back out in a couple of months.

My name was randomly selected for our weekly Relief Society bulletin (you know, the one that I put together). I wonder whatever will I write about me? I mean, I'm just not one to talk about myself.

Does sarcasm come through the written word very well? I'm currently researching it.

We leave for Utah today. In fact, it's possible that the very second you read this I'm in the air above Nebraska or Wyoming. Look for our weekly update tomorrow so you know where we'll be during the week and you can come play with us (if you're in Utah). Or, if you're not in Utah and what we're doing sounds awesome, then feel free to come on out.

Remember this contest? Weird contest, I know. But the winners, Purvi and Allen, got this as a prize for their daughter. Apparently she likes monkeys and red (among other things) so hopefully this will be enjoyed. This tutorial from Kerry at Kid Giddy was really well-done and the project came together quite easily...once I could find those tent poles.


I think it's off to a good start at making a little girl happy!  (How cute is little Saha?  Omy.)


The End.

1 comment:

  1. such a cute tent!!! it's amazing!!!

    can't wait to hear about the flight - happy utah day to you!

    and i love that first pic of ollie. hilarious.

    ReplyDelete