Friday, April 24, 2020

Covid-19: (A Rough Outline of) What My Work Day Now Looks Like

1. Log on at 6:00 a.m. from my home workspace (aka, the playroom)
2. Do my paid job in the same room where my boys are doing breakfast screens
3. Make sure my boys clean up their breakfast dishes, which usually requires asking three times, the last one a bit louder than the previous two
4. Do my paid job
5. Break up brother fights
6. Do my paid job
7. Encourage the boys to get chores done so they're not all saved until Saturday
8. Do my paid job
9. Manage the schooling by making sure they're logging on at the correct time
10. Do my paid job
11. Manage the schooling by making sure they're doing their weekly assignments
12. Do my paid job
13. Enforce morning recess
14. Do my paid job
15. Tell them to go back outside and finish recess because they were only outside for 10 minutes
16. Do my paid job
17. Make (and eat) lunches
18. Give the boys screens
19. Do my paid job
20. Sign off at 4:30 p.m.


1 comment: