Friday, December 16, 2016

Random Thoughts

Two years ago I bought a heated mattress pad for our bed. At the time, we had a down comforter. The two together totally made me sweat at night, so I would use the mattress pad to preheat my side of the bed and then I'd turn it off when I got in. Perfect. But this year, I bought a new quilt for the bed. (I'm so over duvet covers.) And guess what? I am learning just how much heat the down comforter captured. Because now I have to keep that mattress pad going all night long...on a THREE. It should be noted Chuck turns his side up to a six or seven.

I know how late I am to this, but that's just like me. Anyway, I've been listening to Hamilton pretty much non-stop for the past six weeks. When everyone is home, I keep Christmas music on, but otherwise, it's this. And if I have to admit it, sometimes I even listen to Hamilton when the little boys are home. Rhett likes to follow the story. Maybe I'll make him read the biography.

I find Christmas gifts as an adult really hard. Whatever I don't want to buy (new dishwasher, updated closet doors), I have to do it. Which leaves very little for things I actually want. If I knew what I wanted, that is.

Ollie. Sigh. In the interest of not oversharing Ollie's troubles, I won't. But just know that we are REALLY struggling with this boy. And I mean really.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about Ollie. :( But I heard he had a really good day yesterday and so hopefully that is a sign of good things to come. :)

    Yeah, I don't really like to buy "need" things for Christmas. That's just not me. :) But I also don't just want things to get things - I'd rather just not get anything. Really. I don't really care. There have been years when Ben has gotten me a few cool things; but this year I don't really think he has anything and that's ok!

    OK, enough.

    I don't think I could ever do something really hot on my bed. I'm cold when I get in to bed, but then I just heat up for the rest of the night!

    ReplyDelete