Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Rest of Christmas Break

How else did we spend break week? Mostly trying not to freeze to death. It's insanely unseasonably cold here. I'm dying. Literally.

One picture of them cooperating with me before turning back into the disgusting little dudes that they are.


Tuesday: I went to work in the morning while the boys stayed home and played and did some homework. That afternoon we went to Six Flags. It was FREEZING, but empty, so that's good. I can't remember being that cold in a LONG time (my feet were numb). But it's always fun to go at Christmas and see all the lights.

Wednesday: A slow morning at home playing with toys (the little boys), cleaning (me), and sleeping (Chuck) before going ice skating with friends. Like clockwork, this is the day I start feeling cabin fever and plan a night away. This year I chose a state park in western Maryland where they had one cabin for one night available. Sure it's long way to drive for one night, but I didn't care. I couldn't stay in the house and stay sane.

Thursday: I went to work again while the boys did pretty much nothing. It was another short-ish day so that afternoon we did more of nothing when I got home.

Friday: Around lunch we headed out to New Germany. This is one of the two state parks we hadn't camped at (even though I spent a week here for Girls Camp), so it was fun to check it off the list. That will be another post.

Saturday: Happy 13th anniversary to Chuck and me!

Monday: Time to take down Christmas decorations! The kids had a play date at our house, but another lazy, do-nothing day.

Overall, it was a good break. The bigger the kids get, the easier it gets. But still: I can only handle the noise and mess for so long. I'm sooooooo ready for the kids to go back to school. It's like summer break, but worse.

P.S. Ollie asked for a Santa hat for Christmas. It arrived late, but he's been wearing it non-stop since it arrived. It kills me (in the good way, not like what the cold is doing to me).


1 comment:

  1. The top picture is a framer!

    Santa's hat and beard is awesome. Did you make them both?

    Your week doesn't seem too horrible - and even fun at times. :)

    ReplyDelete