Friday, April 10, 2020

Covid-19: My Coronavirus Uniform

I saw a tweet recently that talked about how after wearing sweats for x number of days, the tweeter started calling jeans "hard pants." It's exactly how I feel. I know what I wear during a global pandemic is a lighter topic, it's still one I want documented.

I really have only two outfits, and they're basically the same. I'm wearing these lovely black leggings, which are lined with fleece and just warm enough as our house and the outside are just barely cold. They fit my short legs AND have a great wide waistband that doesn't come to my chest. They're comfortable, but enough pant-like that I can wear them on walks too. I NEVER wore leggings as pants in the before time; I really only wore them on work-from-home days and to run. But not now. I'm wearing jeans today (it's laundry day) and I'm just over them. I'm about to put on pajamas, and it's 2:30 in the afternoon.

On top, I have two t-shirts that I alternate with two sweatshirts on top. The sweatshirts are PERFECT. I had a black one before this began, but then bought another one from Poshmark because I loved the black one so much. They're warm, cuter than a plain sweatshirt, and the best part is that they have 3/4 sleeves. Which, in this era of constant handwashing, the shorter sleeves are much appreciated. So I alternate between the pink sweatshirt with black and white striped tee and the black sweatshirt with the orange tee underneath. Seriously. This is all I wear. (Notice how I didn't mention a bra. That's because I'm not wearing one. Sports bras for running and hiking are it.) How I'll revert to hard clothes is a mystery.

Oh, I have worn make-up exactly twice, and both times had to do with church meetings. One was for a Relief Society we did over Zoom, and the other was for a sacrament meeting we did over Zoom. To be honest, I look much better with make up. I know it. I don't even hate putting it on. But I despise taking it off, which means it could sit for two days and then it starts hurting my eyes. So I don't bother.

1 comment:

  1. You can't do a post about your fashion without actually posting pictures. Silly sister.

    I love that my work-outfit includes scrubs. :)

    ReplyDelete