Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Last Day of School

Last Monday (two Mondays ago) was Rhett's last day of first grade. (Yes, you read that right: the last day of school was a half day on a Monday halfway through June. This brought to us by snow days.) I don't think Rhett's quite old enough to get really excited for the last day of school, but he's getting closer. I wanted to do something fun, but something that I could keep up year after year. You know, let's not set the standards too high, mmmkay?

We started the morning with pancakes. Pancake tacos to be precise. Because you know, pancakes for breakfast are a rarity in our house (pancakes for dinner, on the other hand...). After school both boys were greeted with a finish line and a candy gram (to copy my wise sister). Perfect. (And not just because I got to go to Five Below and get candy for me. Nope). Just that morning Ollie and I finished his "Mom and Ollie" preschool, so he legitimately earned his rewards. And after school let out, I let the boys watch a movie. It was a good day.



I must have caught the exact moment Rhett wasn't smiling. He really enjoyed Ms. Collier (student teacher) and Mrs. Cecil--I promise.




In order to get good smiles, I had to threaten them with: "I will keep you here until you give me good smiles. And if it takes hours, your popsicles will melt!" Sigh. I'm such a good mom.


SUMMER!

1 comment: