Monday, March 14, 2016

The Best Way to Handle Spring Daylight Saving Time

Saturday night Chuck had a stake YM thing to go to around 4:45 p.m. Loathe to spend 2.5 hours alone...with my boys...when we're all at our worsts, I devised a plan. What if, instead of waiting until 2 a.m., I reset the clocks when he leaves? He walks out and suddenly it's 5:45--time for dinner, boys! Time for pajamas and time for bedtime! While 2.5 hours seemed like a long time, 1.5 hours--I could handle that!

And that's just what I did. The boys fell asleep fairly easily and then, even easier than falling asleep, was waking up at the regular eastern daylight time. Which was admittedly painful on a Sunday morning, but with 8:30 a.m. church, ain't nobody sleeping in.

So there you go. You're welcome.

Oh, and happy Pi Day everyone!


2 comments:

  1. haha, you're funny. it's hard for my kids to fall asleep earlier than they are used to, so i think our transition will be a little longer . . . oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always knew you were a genius and a sneaky mom!

    ReplyDelete