Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas Day

Without sounding terrible, can I admit that I enjoyed Christmas Eve much more than Christmas Day? Not that we had a bad Christmas Day, but I just find the day boring. Sure, it's relaxing. And no, my boys didn't fight too much. I just get restless. The boys were awake by 5:30, I made it up the stairs at 5:45, we started opening presents at 6, and we finished slightly before 7 (a new record for us, I think). But then we had to kill 12 hours. INSIDE. It was fine, really. The boys put together Legos, Ollie read a TON, Chuck and I napped, and everyone ate their weight in sugar. Rhett and I made it outside for a run/bike (me on foot, he on wheels) where we saw ZERO animals (a bummer to a kid with new binoculars). We watched a movie and then it was the boys' bedtime. It was fine, just a bit boring.

I was reminded Tuesday why I also like Eve more than Day: the MESS. I came home from work and the house was a disaster. Christmas Eve is still beautiful and not messy. I feel like it takes until New Year's Day for the house to be clean again. Blah.

Oh, and here are some pictures. Rhett got a lot of Caps gear, although no real hockey gear.


Chuck working on his x-cube. He's already made tremendous progress.


Ollie reading.


Sitting in the mess.


Pretty much how Rhett spent his day.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I totally get the whole mess thing . . . it sticks around until at least New Years. Blech. But seeing as my kids don't go back until the 9th, I might have to endure it a little longer. Sniff, sniff.

    Yes, Christmas Eve is quite festive AND clean. I agree!

    And, yes, Christmas can be a bit boring for adults.

    ReplyDelete