Friday, November 2, 2018

Halloween

We did Halloween in three parts. First, ward Trunk or Treat. Second, carve the pumpkins. Third, Trick or Treating. This year, Ollie was a ghost (classic), and Rhett was a vending machine (classic Rhett).

Part 1: Trunk or Treat. I have to be honest: I hate these. The kids just walk around the loop about 20 times, getting far more candy than they'll ever eat. Oh well. But even I dressed up as Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby. It was HARD to eat candy with that beard, but I managed. Rhett won "Best Kid's Costume" and he was beyond excited to get the prize: a Cold Stone Oreo ice cream cake. Because, you know, we all need more sugar.






Part 2: Carving Pumpkins. It's so nice that the kids can (mostly) do these on their own. Don't ask me about Chuck's. Apparently it's some crying video game thing?!




Part 3: Trick or Treating. Finally. Chuck stayed home and scared the trick-or-treaters at our house, while I took the boys around with Rhett's friend's family. Fun was had by all!


1 comment:

  1. So cool. Chuck looked awesome. And of course the boys did, too! Fun that Rhett won. :) And for hating Trunk or Treat, I'm impressed you decorated your trunk! I'm not sure I ever have . . .

    ReplyDelete