Monday, February 9, 2015

The Cutest Dinner Conversation (at least, before it dissolved)

Last night at dinner I asked Rhett, "If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?" And as we were having white chicken chili (which, if gauged by the boys' reaction, was the worst dinner ever), he wanted to find someone who liked that dinner. Nice. So then Chuck asked him, "Oooookay, if you could have ice cream with anyone in the world, who would it be?" Still thinking along the same line, Rhett replied, "Someone who doesn't like ice cream." You know, so he could eat theirs. So then we amended the question further to, "If you could spend 30 minutes with anyone in the world, who would it be?" While Rhett was thinking, Ollie was quietly whispering to him, "Pick me. Pick me." If only that moment could have lasted longer.

But no. Soon it was return of the dinner battle. Sigh. Some day they'll eat what I cook, right?

3 comments:

  1. Some day, yes! Some days are yes days for kids and some days or no days. Just don't battle - either they eat your dinner or they don't. Right?! But, yes, I know the frustration all too well. If my kids don't like what I made, they get a plain piece of bread.

    But that is just awesome conversation you had! I love Rhett's wit. :) And I just love Ollie's cuteness. Awwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Ollie = awesome. Dinner battles = ugh. I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete