Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Second Grade: Check!

And just like that, Rhett's second grade year is done! It better be; I mean, c'mon. It's past the summer solstice already. But end it did. On Monday, I was true to my word and went to his school for a "Last Day Party." Really, it was just games, but that's okay. We started with "Heads Up, Seven Up!" for no other reason than I remembered playing it and so Rhett must know my joys.

Then we moved on to a giant version of "Don't Eat Pete!" This is a game my sister introduced me to, and is well-loved in our house. For some inexplicable reason. The kids could barely keep their hands off the swedish fish, but finally it was done.

Then we finished with Bingo. I had prizes for this one and when he didn't win anything, Ollie was in tears and declared that he HATED the party. Ha. That's Ollie! Then it was nearly time for the kids to get to lunch, so I had them rush to sign the bag. I love how it turned out.





Rhett and his teacher with a photo bomber.


After his last solo bus ride (next time he rides a bus to school, Ollie will be with him!), he got his candygram. He was mad I called him an Air Head. Which clearly he's not, but Five Below only has so much selection.


Everything about the end of the school year was exhausting. Rhett really enjoyed today's party and I enjoy spending time with his classmates, so I guess it's worth it. And now, it's finally SUMMER! (I say that as if it's a good thing.)

1 comment:

  1. Is that why he's so grumpy in the picture - you calling him an air head? Funny. You could have said that he's no longer an air head, right? :)

    Congrats on summer break - finally! The big Pete game looked awesome. You rock.

    Ollie cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete