Tuesday, August 22, 2017

We Saw (some of) the Eclipse!

The closer we got to the eclipse, the sadder I was that we hadn't made an effort to see it in totality. We had to make do with our 81% coverage. But even that was spectacular! It did make me commit to seeing the one in 2024, however. We already made reservations at our friends' house. And after today's dry run, I now know all the tricks to making the day awesome:

Buy the glasses EARLY (but not too early--they're only good for three years)
Make fun eclipse crafts
Get a good eclipse playlist ready
Make fun eclipse treats
Get a filter for the telescope



1 comment:

  1. Where is your friend's house?! Super cool that you'll go! I think I was the only one in my family that didn't get to experience it. No glasses for us at home - but the middle-schoolers all got glasses. Lucy's and Emmy's classes either got glasses or made little pinhole things to see. Ben got to borrow someone's glasses at work. I went out and couldn't really tell anything was different - except the weird shadows/whatever the sun made through the trees - crescent-like. I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete