Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Last Weekend of Summer

Chuck had to go out of town (Palmyra) with the youth for Labor Day weekend. In order to not kill my boys, I knew we'd have to spend a LOT of time out of the house. So Saturday we headed downtown to the National Book Festival. I had high hopes; they were crushed. There were just so many people. And I don't do well with so many people. We tried to get a book signed by an author, but that didn't pan out (again, too many people). So we found something to keep us busy for a bit, then I was able to bribe the boys with Shake Shack and the Postal Museum if they left. Much better.

Sunday morning there was a tiny triathlon at our pool. I was supposed to volunteer, but that turned into all three of us participating. The water was frigid, but it was still fun. After church, a dear friend invited us to dinner, keeping us out of the house even more.

Monday morning we went to the Kensington Labor Day parade. We chose (ahem, I chose) to ride our bikes down there and the boys did great. They may have been bribed with Slurpees before the return trip. That afternoon we tried the pool, but it was just too cold for actual swimming. Then we just waited for Chuck to come home. Oh, we also took a trip to the new school to take some pictures. Because you know, the next day would certainly include too many people. And we now know how I feel about too many people.

Epilogue: While not the last weekend of summer, I thought it  better to include it here than forget. This past weekend Chuck had to write a talk so I took the boys to hike the Billy Goat Trail (again). Some kind fellow took a picture of the three of us. I will never say no to that.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute picture. The last weekend of summer sounded pretty cool - except for crowds. If only others weren't as cool as you, then not so many people would go to all the cool things you find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to the book festival the first couple years in MD, but we stopped. Too many people!

    Seriously, getting out of the house is the best thing for us too! I love all your biking. We have been doing that more too.

    ReplyDelete