Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Weekend in North Carolina

One of my dearest friends recently made it to North Carolina. When she asked if we could make it down for the day, of course we (or maybe just I) screamed, "YES!" It worked out great that the boys had a Thursday off, so we took them out for Friday too. They didn't get in until Thursday night, so we had Thursday to ourselves. We camped at a recreational area just north of Raleigh and did some fishing.





Rhett caught this little one and we were able to get it quickly back in the water.


He then got this one stuck in the eye with the hook. We're pretty sure it's blind, but we're also pretty sure it lived. We think. We know it puked during the process, however.


Ollie and I played with the camera a bit while Rhett and Chuck did some more fishing. This. This is my son. This is how I'll remember him as a six-year old.


This is how I'd like to remember him. But I just can't.


My lovely friend Rachael! We're pretty much the same person. I love love love talking to her and blame my sore throat on the amount of talking we did.


Her adorable Isaac in my mess of boys. He's only one year older than Rhett but look how tall he is! He's such a good kid and I'm so glad we all got to spend time together.

2 comments: