Monday, March 12, 2018

Happy (early) Birthday Rhett

For a couple of months Rhett has expressed interest in getting another pet. Like a snake. I'm pretty sure you can figure out how long I entertained that thought. So then he moved on to something like a lizard, or a bearded dragon. We went to an aquarium to do our research, only to find out that the animal + the habitat would be a few hundred dollars, which is far more than we thought reasonable to spend. As Chuck and I tried to figure out how to make it work for him (could he pay for part? etc.) we decided to also check out craigslist and Nextdoor. We "lucked" into a guy who had a dragon that he was willing to part with and he gave us everything for FREE! We did have to buy a couple of lights and stuff, but still. FREE.

Funny thing about this dragon. We're family #4 for him. Family #1 is in our ward, but gave him to Family #2 when the oldest boy went to college. Family #2 had him for awhile but due to changing conditions at their house, they couldn't keep him. They found him a home with Family #3, who in turn, gave him to us. Of course, I knew nothing about homes 1 and 2 until Chuck posted a picture on Instagram and Family #2 recognized him. It's really a hilarious story.

Anyway, this creature (named "Nugget") is now living in our house. I have yet to touch him, and can't say that I actually will. But both boys really like him and are excited to have him. A feeling I predict will last about, oh, four months.





2 comments:

  1. So fun, though. Was nugget the name your boys gave him, or the one he already had?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! sorry I don't like him that much...but yay! for Rhett. Isaac wants one too but I just can't do it.

    ReplyDelete