Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Rhett's 10th Birthday

And then he was ten. Although we were prepared for the snow storm, it's still not usual in late March. So it was a really fun thing for Rhett to get a snow day on his birthday. The snow hadn't accumulated in the early morning, so we spent the time opening presents, making his cake, and playing video games.

The cake is all rice krispie treats. The top layer is a peanut butter/chocolate/butterscotch. It sounds better than it tastes. It just got so hard. The middle layer is a regular one. And the bottom is a mint Oreo. It's also my favorite of those three.


Rhett with his birthday haul. Caps pillowcase from Ollie (even if I paid for and sewed it), rollerblades, ukulele (I'm hoping he and I will learn together), a video game, a few nutcrackers, and, of course, Nugget. Not pictured: some cash and clothes.


We broke down and had "cake" after lunch.


For dinner, Rhett chose to have a "mystery menu." Which means Chuck and I make a menu with coded items and the boys chose their "courses" without knowing what they are because they're in code. Rhett made me take pictures of each course for posterity. And if I'm forced to take the pictures, I might as well post them.


Course 1


Course 2
Ollie was understandably not happy with his course (on the left).


Course 3


Course 4


It really was a fun and special birthday for our 10 (!) year old. (The snow pictures will be another post. )

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that pretty much sounds like a perfect birthday - snow day, presents, rice krispie cake! What else could you want?! He's looking sooooo old. :) I love the dinner - we should do that just for fun again.

    ReplyDelete