Friday, March 30, 2018

Snow Day

Although we've had four snow days, not one included actual snow. But finally, in meteorological spring, we got real snow! And on Rhett's birthday! It was very exciting.

Our first trip out for sledding was late morning. For some reason, they didn't last too long. And we didn't take pictures because it was still snowing fairly hard. But it was still fun. Man, I love the snow tube.

After lunch, we watched a movie: Coco. Then it was time to go back outside. I worked on the shoveling (the snowblower we inherited didn't work!), and the boys headed to the backyard to use the brick molds we got two years ago but haven't had enough snow to use yet. Both boys were quickly distracted by the backyard neighbors, so they disappeared to play there. Ollie came back a little while later and helped Chuck finish the shelter they started. It collapsed before our bedtime. And the next morning, Ollie went out in footed-pjs and snow boots to jump on the ruins. Kids!




He wanted an action shot of him shoveling. Which wasn't actual shoveling, but just moving snow from one spot on the brick to another.


After Rhett finished at the neighbor's house, I convinced him to take one more sledding trip. I'd love to send the boys by themselves, but man, there are just so many trees! I'm terrified they're going to hit one and then be paralyzed. So I go. But man, they have fun.








For me, March snow is the best snow. I'm fairly confident that by Saturday it will all be gone! Perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone is having fun. I think our snow season here in Utah is now over. Excited to see all of you in less than two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. March snow is pretty grand! It looks and sounded like a winter-wonderland!

    ReplyDelete