Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Utah: Midway Days

We bookended the trip with days at my parents' house in Midway. First let's discuss why we took a trip to Utah in April, and not even over spring break. One word: Hamilton. When it was announced that they'd be touring in Salt Lake, I knew with my parents' season tickets buying power, I'd have a better shot to getting tickets there than when the tour came to D.C. So after begging my parents for their tickets and getting them (!), we bought plane tickets and headed out. (Don't feel too bad for them: they're seeing the show in May.)

Our first full day was **show** day. Thursday morning we just hung out at my parents' house, did some local stuff, took a ride on my Dad's "thing." But then it was **show** time. Chuck and I headed downtown and grabbed dinner first. We went to Red Iguana and it was delicious AND I didn't even spill on my dress. When done, we went to the theater. So amazing. Then we saw the show. It was just incredible. Being able to sit there and focus on the words (rather than listen while making lunches or sweeping), watching the actors' faces, and really listen was just so great. So so great. I really have no words. It was one of the best nights of my life!




After the Moab trip, we were happy that Monday was another low-key day in Midway. More rides on the "thing." More air hockey. More playing on my recently-rediscovered keyboard. (My boys LOVED this! It was hilarious and annoying to watch and listen to them play with it. I just wish I took a picture of them with it! Oh wait, for the fantastic price of only $250, I can buy one on eBay!)


Isn't Timp beautiful behind us?


And then later, Rhett wanted to take the walk up Memorial Hill. Another storm was blowing in and it was INSANELY windy. Because the hike is a spiral, you'd be walking around one part totally fine, but then the next minutes, you're facing in just the wrong direction and almost blown over. At the top, I had Rhett sit and let the wind go crazy with his hair. I love this picture so much. It makes me smile every time.


Of course it was an amazing trip. My parents, as always, are great hosts who never complain about my boys (or their noise). Utah is the best. Always and forever. Always and forever.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite pictures of Rhett, for sure! It's so great.

    Utah loves you, too . . .

    I'm glad Hamilton was everything . . . and more. Have you read how "Hamilton" is getting mad at SLC theater-goers b/c of their use of cell-phones during the show?! Ridiculous.

    Utah (and Colorado family) says, "Come back soon!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thoroughly enjoyed having all of you here. We're also happy about all of us, except Derek, unfortunately, were able to get together in Moab. Both of you look so happy at "Hamilton."

    ReplyDelete