Monday, April 30, 2018

Utah: Sunday

I wasn't done with hiking, so we said goodbye to the Maxwells, and we headed to Delicate Arch. The hiking conditions could not have been better. We really had great weather the whole time.

Cairns! My boys learned how to route find using these instead of blazes marked on trees because, well, Moab doesn't have trees. Ha.


We made it! Utah is the best!




I don't remember seeing the petroglyphs before, but my boys loved them. I loved that they were 100 ft. from the Delicate Arch trail.


We left Moab and my parents headed back to their house, while we headed to visit some friends in Salt Lake. Stop 1 was Collin and Nikki. We knew them when they lived in D.C. They are so much fun to be around! After our too-brief visit, we quickly drove around my old neighborhood. I couldn't get the courage to knock on my old house's door. Sad face.


Then we met two other friends for dinner. I love these girls so much. We worked together in college and it was probably the most fun job ever. I'm so glad they're in my life, even if we're not super good at keeping in touch. I feel so lucky to know such wonderful people! I just wish I could live in a compound with all those I like. Living 2000 miles away from some of them really sucks.

1 comment:

  1. You guys look just the same in that last picture! So crazy and fun to see you three together.

    Delicate looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete