Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Me Update

Really, nothing too exciting is going on. Here are the highlights:

  • Allergies: I haven't been able to breathe clearly without the aid of drugs since September. It's miserable. I'm going to blame my poor running on it, but I'm not sure that's medically sound. I treated it with pills first, and then when that wasn't working, flonase. Finally I decided to see an allergist. Turns out I'm pretty much allergic to the outdoors (trees, mainly). Great. I'm also super allergic to cats (WAHOO!) and dust mites. I was given a prescription-strength drug to try, but I don't love it. So I think I'm going to try the shots. I really really just want to breathe through my nostrils again.
  • Camp: It's definitely so much easier to do this a second time. It almost feels too easy, you know? But I have all of my materials from last year and as we're going to the same place, not much has changed. There really are many, many more callings that would be worse for me. Teenage girls crack me up.*
  • PTA: What a mess. We started the year with a four-person executive board; I'm the treasurer. Our president nearly quit in December and was convinced to stay on. However, she does nothing, not even responding to emails or texts. Awesome. Our vice president just had baby number five, so she's out. And the secretary was ghosted by the president early in the year and I have no contact info for her. So it's me. Just me. And our parents really don't do anything. I take money, deposit money, write checks, design fifth grade t-shirts, and try to update our taxes so that we're in compliance. It's a lot. But I'm not sure how to do more on my own, so pretty much we're going to do nothing. Lame.
  • Hiking Goal: With Rhett playing hockey on Saturdays and more rain (shocker), we haven't gotten out yet in March. I'm hoping to change that with a hike Sunday. We're doing okay, and have camping plans for spring break, so I think we're on track. I'm totally making us custom patches when we're done so commemorate it.
But this really is our slow time of year. Finally Monday was a bit warmer. I ran without a vest and gloves; it was lovely. I'm sure summer will be here in April. Sigh.

*Also, so do teenage boys. Chuck and I went out a couple weeks ago and had our neighbor watch the kids for the night. When Chuck texted him earlier in the day to make sure he was still planning on coming over, he replied, "Yeah, I'll show up." Hahaha. We now say this all the time. Yeah, I'll show up.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, that is so funny - yeah, i'll show up. So funny. But I bet teens would think we're weird for laughing at it! Hahaha, I'm still laughing.

    Ugh, I didn't know that about allergies - super lame. :( I bet you're only allergic to damp trees, so move out west!

    Yay for camp being easier this year!

    Boo for your PTA. What are you thinking for next year?! Yep, if it's just you, you can just do what you can do and that's it. So sorry.

    I can't wait to see your awesome badges!

    ReplyDelete