Saturday, February 6, 2010

Freaky Winter

It's official. My sister (who has some exciting news to share so I'll wait for you to go read her post and then come back to me) and I have somehow, inexplicably changed locales when it comes to winter weather. She lives in western Colorado and has seen barely any snow this season, but has had a lot of cold. Chuck and I, on the other hand, just finished shoveling only 1/4 of the snow we'll need to do today, and that's before the predicted eight additional inches fall. Then we'll have to start all over. (Good thing I'm getting this workout because now I don't feel so guilty about my three-donut breakfast.)

This season so far has delivered two storms of about four or five inches, the Christmas storm of 20 inches, and this one which will end up at two plus feet. And if that's not enough, we're expecting another storm Tuesday night. Chuck thinks it will get him out of school for next week entirely. We're certainly not having any church tomorrow. We can't even help Chuck's power-less parents.






4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Emily!!!

    We were shoveling until midnight and then back out at 7am. I'm done with snow!!! We better have a mild, low-humidity summer after all our winter suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i am truly, truly jealous. i know that that much snow can get old. but really when you have 3 little kids that would play for hours in the snow, it makes you miss it. we are all done with our cold brown winter that has stuck us inside for almost the entire season.

    it's always greener - or whiter, ha i'm funny - on the other side. is that how you spell whiter? more white? whatever.

    sorry about your in-laws' power - i hope that doesn't happen to you!!!

    ReplyDelete