Friday, January 16, 2015

Surprising Oases

It's been pretty cold here. I know, I know. It could be worse; I could live in Wisconsin or Illinois or Michigan. But for here, it's cold. And remember, it's a wet cold.

Anyway, I've been surprised by the warmth you can find in unexpected places. Here they are:
The vents. Duh.
The oven. Just bake something and then leave the door open. Ahhhh....
The sink when doing dishes.
The shower when you turn on the weird heater switch. (Don't have one? Sorry.)
The toaster. I feel like it's a little fire and I love warming my hands over it.
Also, vacuuming warms me up.
The best: my bed. That new heated mattress pad has been heavenly.

4 comments:

  1. oh, yes, that mattress heating pad was a good purchase for this year! nice.

    something that warms me up (you're going to hate it): MOPPING. :) give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never leave my bed if I had a heated mattress pad. Oh my that sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE being cold. I will shower, multiple times a day to warm up sometimes.....Wear socks to bed, hate this, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and I too leave my oven on to add a little warmth!!

    ReplyDelete