Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Spring Break, Part 2

Every time we go downtown D.C., Rhett complains that there aren't any skyscrapers. So when I started thinking about his 10th birthday, I thought it would be fun if I took him on a special mom-and-10-year-old trip to New York City. Chuck doesn't really like it, and Ollie would have been really obnoxious. Plus, I generally like my kids more when it's just one-on-one. So we went! It was quick: we left early Friday morning on the train and returned Saturday night. But because NYC is all about walking, it's enough.

I really wanted him to pick the things we did. So I gave him some ideas and let him pick. Here's the itinerary for Friday:
Lego Store
Nintendo Store
M&M Store
Statue of Liberty (via the Staten Island Ferry, so just views from the boat)
Trinity Church (to see Hamiltons' graves because he's almost as big a fan as I)
Economy Candy (because, duh)
Pizza.





Raspberry M&Ms are delicious!


He's been playing Zelda a lot and apparently this is a villain from the game. On one particularly whiny stretch of walking, I had him explain the game to me. I remember none of it, but I did stop the whining (temporarily).










Although it was only 6, we were both happy to get to the hotel and finish the pizza in bed while watching TV. Perfection.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it must have been a great trip! Please let Rhett know we appreciated his thank you card for his birthday presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. Cool. Except for the whining part and having to listen to a kid talk about a video game . . . ugh, I hate that. :) What was his favorite stop that day? Yours?

    ReplyDelete