Friday, April 6, 2018

Spring Break, Part 3

We didn't sleep as long as I'd hoped (but I've been parenting long enough to know better than to hope to sleep long), but given it was (1) early and (2) chilly, Rhett was happy to stay in bed while I went running. I planned to just run on the hotel's treadmill, but I couldn't do it. I can't be in NYC and not run on the High Line! I was cold (I packed for an indoor run), but it was so worth it, as I'll find out later.

Saturday's Itinerary:
Breakfast
Dylan's Candy Bar
Central Park biking
High Line

I was so impressed Rhett knew this was the Flatiron building...until he told me it was in some video game. Ha.


Oreo pancakes for breakfast. Rhett had never been in a restaurant for breakfast, so that alone was a treat.


Another candy store.


It turned out to be such a lovely day! The park was crazy crowded, but it was still super enjoyable.




There was just enough time for a walk on the High Line. I could not get over how many people were there at 2 p.m. compared to my 7 a.m. run. I know: it's NYC. I should have known. But DANG. Next time it's the first thing we do in the morning.


We both had a really fun time. I gotta say, riding Amtrak was awesome! It was quieter than a regular car and had more space than a plane. We had a bit of anxiety getting on in New York, but a very nice woman gave up her seat so we could sit next to each other. I totally endorse taking the train.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I'm totally laughing about Flatiron - I wouldn't know what it was. With or without the video game!

    Looks like a great trip and something I'm sure Rhett will remember for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhett certainly looked like he was having fun. What a memory he'll have of his first trip to NYC with his mom.

    ReplyDelete