Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Utah: Friday

Last week we got back from a week in Utah. The motto for that trip was "Utah is the Best." Because it is. For the moment, I'm going to ignore the first and last days of our trip. Let's just go directly to Friday. April is not the best month for Northern Utah. Not enough snow to really ski, but too much to hike. Plus weather is still really unpredictable (we had snow Thursday and Monday). So when we planned to go at that time, I knew I wanted to take all of my boys to Moab. Then my parents decided to come, and then my sister decided to come ! We were sad Derek wasn't unable to join us, however.

We headed out as early as we could Friday morning and drove straight to Arches. Once there, we just hiked.

First: Park Avenue.




Second: Double Arch.






Third: North and South Windows


Fourth: Turret Arch


Fifth: Landscape Arch


My mom joined us for all the hikes. It was great to have her! My boys did great and really really loved the rocks. It's just so different from everything we have in Maryland (obviously). After hiking, we rushed back to the condo to meet my sister and her family and eat dinner. We were all tired and my boys slept until a respectable 7 a.m. MOUNTAIN TIME. I guess they can sleep in, it just takes hiking many miles and going to bed super late. Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. Just do that every day - hike them until exhaustion! It looked like a fabulous day! Looks like you picked some pretty great hikes to awesome arches.

    ReplyDelete