Friday, February 27, 2009

Desperately Seeking Opinions

In our previous ward, there were two couples that Chuck and I really liked. We didn't know them terribly well, but regardless, we looked up to them tremendously. One couple was old enough to be our parents and the other had teenage children. Chuck and I liked musing that "we'd like to be them when we grow up." So here's the question: would it be weird to send them a little note telling them this, that we want to grow up to be just like them? Would they think us (well, me since I'd be the actual card writer) crazy?

5 comments:

  1. i think it would be great. think how you'd feel if a sweet little beehive wrote you a note telling you she wants to be like you. i know i'd think it so nice.

    i think we should be more complimentary to people - and let them know it, too.

    go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all! I think they would be flattered. Now you need to tell me who they are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone likes to hear that others like them! I'm sure they would love it! Can't hurt, can it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO IT!!!! I would be SOOOOO flattered to ever read or receive a note like that. We, as in the collective ALL OF US, are so quick to point out the negative wouldn't it be nice to be quick to point out the positive too???? I'll be interested to see what you decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say, "Go for it!" I think anyone would want to hear that.

    ReplyDelete