Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Patchwork Dress

In college I had this baby-doll dress that I loved. It was made from patchwork squares and made me feel slightly hippie-ish. I wore it often. Too often apparently. Years later I found out that some of my friends hated that dress. They were so excited when it was gone and could finally tell me. It hurt my feelings a little bit, but I got over it. However, I'm not sure that I would have continued to wear it had I known how much it was hated.

Jump ahead ten years and I have this hat. I love this hat. I love the fun floral, the way it fits, almost everything about it. But no one else loves this hat. It's the patchwork dress all over again. Thankfully, I'm a little more self-assured and feel comfortable wearing it, even if everyone around me is wondering when I'm going to take off that dumb hat.


Do you have a "patchwork" dress, past or present? Are you brave enough to share it with everyone?

5 comments:

  1. I had a Canada dress :) It was the most comfortable piece of clothing I had ever worn. It was to my ankles, straight like a potato sack, red and had a maple leaf applique right on the chest of it (hence my Canadian dress).

    I don't think a single person liked it, Al still teases me about it.

    FYI I love your hat, I think it's adorable! I say, "Wear it and love it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's my hebrew university sweatshirt i bought in israel 11 years ago. i love that thing, and it's horribly big, and ugly, but something about it is just COMFORTING!!!!

    AND....i'm so sorry about c in class til the 17th----ahhhh!

    AND......every 6 months or so P and i get to throw out a wardrobe item we hate of each others!!! think zack morris from saved by the bell, those are the things i'm tossing of p's!!! ')

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember that dress and can honestly say i had no hard feelings against it. however, i am the least likely person you would want fashion advice from as i simply don't care (but probably should) about clothes. wear what you want i still like you for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i might have one, but not one that i know of.

    i love the hat. i think it looks great on you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know who hates that hat, but you were ill advised! It looks darling! My sister always wears cute hates like that, but sadly I cannot pull it off :(.
    I've also been meaning to tell you how much I love the yellow! I'm not brave enough to go dark on my own, so you should help me pick out colors whenever we get a house. We are looking at some more homes in your area on Sunday. WISH US LUCK!

    ReplyDelete