Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Return to Home Organization Tips

Anyone remember when I gave some household tips on the old blog? I'm currently testing a pantry inventory list, but until then you'll have to make do with this: how to handle a husband who finds it impossible to put away pajamas every morning.

I finally gave up trying to persuade him to put his pajamas in his dresser. I could see it wasn't happening. We then came up with this gem: just put them in bed and I'll make the bed on top of the clothes. The pajamas must be laid fairly flat, but otherwise, no one can tell that there's a deflated, pajama-clad man in there!

When Chuck is ready for bed at night he knows exactly where to find his clothes. It's a win-win for sure.


(Obviously this works if you have a wife who refuses to put away pajamas, or maybe you hate doing it yourself.  It's fairly adaptable to every household situation.)

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm you should be grateful he's willing to go that far...I have to scoop Al's off the floor. But then I don't make the bed, EVER. I can't imagine making the bed daily, we're just happy to straighten the sheets and comforter :)

    Glad you found a great compromise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind that I just realized that you started a new blog....where does the time go? Great to see your updates:)

    ReplyDelete