Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

It's a great time of year to be a teacher's wife, which makes a Father's Day tribute very easy. Here in Maryland the high schoolers have final exams the same way I did in college. (I did not, however, have them in high school; did you?) We are now fully entrenched in finals. Why do I love this so much? Take two Fridays ago: Chuck's school was doing finals for third and fourth periods. Well, pretty awesome that Chuck doesn't teach third and fourth periods and therefore could stay home with me and Rhett. Love me some three-day weekends! It's just so nice having him home.

Why do I love having him home so much? Because he's such a big help. He lets me run on my own, watching Rhett when I go (sometimes they even wait outside for me and cheer for me when I cross the finish line). He helps with dinner, or watches Rhett so I can get it. He helps with chores. He adds a soundtrack to our lives with his new guitar. Plus he's fun and I like him.

Then there are the special times like two Saturday mornings ago. While I ran, Chuck got Rhett ready for the day. Then, so I could have some time alone, he took Rhett to his parents' house so I could shower, do some chores, and then go fabric shopping. He didn't mind at all that I met up with him right at nap time (coincidence or no...actually it was but still). Did he complain? Nope.

He really is a great dad to Rhett and we both love him tremendously. Happy Father's Day Chuck! We both love you very much.



(I made both ties so they'd match and then wanted to feel part of their group so I made me a bracelet.)

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Happy Father's Day indeed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad chuck is that great! really glad. :)

    and i love the ties! how hard were they? they turned out awesome. both boys look super in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ties are awesome! I was very impressed :)

    And I agree, as does Joanne Hall, who mentioned last year what a wonderful father he's become. I think everyone can see the joy and love he has being with Rhett.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great dad! I love the ties. So cute.

    ReplyDelete