Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend in Pictures

I already mentioned that we spent Saturday morning running in Northern Virginia. Here are the pictures to prove it. Don't I love my bright red running face? Oh yes.

Here we are at Gravelly Point. That plane is much larger, closer, and louder than it appears here.

The new tie and suspenders set. I love this plaid. Thinking of making a matching tie for Chuck for Fathers' Day.

Saturday night my friends showed up. Here are the little guys in the "beep" (Rhett's word for the cart, not mine) while picking up some essentials Monday morning.

After grocery shopping, we visited a park with a train, carousel, and playground.



Meanwhile, we got to eat these two yummy dishes: this salad on pitas and this "salad." Guess which one I like more.

Lesson of the weekend: Being a single mum is a LOT easier when you don't have to do it alone.

3 comments:

  1. great pictures! if your face wasn't red, then i wouldn't believe you'd been exercising. :)

    isaac sure has grown - what a cutie!

    and man oh man - cutest suspenders and tie! wow, great work. totally adorable. did they take any less time/work this time around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. the suspenders only took about 1.5 hours for both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I wish I liked to run! And I'm sure my body does too ;) ha ha.

    Cute little set! Lovin the plaid too! And yes, definitely make a matching set for Chuck! I love it.

    At least I know there is another person out there that would also lay their babe on the ground as they finished up a blanket!! And yes, I did exactly what you said, just sewed on the letter and heart before I sewed the two pieces together. Simple, simple!

    ReplyDelete