Monday, June 14, 2010

Made by e

This is a short version in the "Made by e" series. Other projects are still in the works or won't be unveiled until Father's Day. So hopefully you're content with these.

Last week my sister saw some cute little treasure bags and said that her six-year-old would LOVE one. She also said that if she could sew like I can, that she'd make one that night. I knew it was serious when she used all caps. Well, thought I, I know someone who can sew like I do: me! Plus, I needed a new project. So I whipped one up that night. But like my dear paternal grandma, I can't mail one child a present and neglect the others. Or worse, mail two children a present (I had a gift for Emmy) and neglect the one. Emily indicated that Jonas would probably like a little treasure bag too, so get one he will. Hopefully they arrive soon.


For Father's Day, I made matching ties for Rhett and Chuck. Knowing they'd be matchy-matchy left me feeling left out. When I mentioned this to a friend of mine (who also made her four boys matching ties for Father's Day), she told me about a fabric bracelet she was making for herself. Her description: a flat scrunchie. Awesome. I knew I had to have one. Saturday night I made one that matches the boys' ties. But because I can't wear it until next week, I made another one before church to match what I was wearing that day. Here it is!

2 comments:

  1. oh i'm so glad you can sew like you. i'm also glad i used ALL caps.

    the treasure bags turned out so great! i'm excited to see them in person.

    and you know i love your bracelet. it's awesomely cute. can't wait to see your fathers' day pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! and truly, you are the nicest aunt! why don't my sisters make my children gifts?? :) shoot, maybe it's because i'm the one that sews? dang it.

    can't wait to see the matchiness on father's day!!!

    ReplyDelete