Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What to Do?


Seven years ago I bought these pants. I love these pants. They're comfortable and not hideous: a perfect match.

But now they have this lovely stain on them, a stain that refuses to be removed. Given the location of the stain (ahem, butt) and the color of the stain (ahem, brown), I feel I can't wear these pants in public. (Disclaimer: I believe the stain to be chocolate in origin. It's just not in the right location to be anything bodily.)

What to do? Do I cut them at the knee and use them as my around-the-house summer shorts? (Options for endowed Mormons are slim, and summers here are wicked.) Do I put a patch over the stain? Do I bleach the pants white? Or dye them another color? Help!

As a last resort I could freezer-paper stencil the words "HOT MAMA" across the buttocks in brown, hoping to cover the stain. I guess I'm hoping it doesn't come to this.

7 comments:

  1. dye them another color...a nice chocolate brown :)

    I do love the "Hot Mama" idea, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you could just wear them as is and pretend that the stain happened that day while you were out wearing them?

    but dyeing them could be fun, too! i'd do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, Have you tried liquid dish soap on that stain? Sometimes it will take out grease and food stains that clothing detergent will not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would probably just keep wearing them as is. Then they would go with the rest of my stain-filled wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say just go for the Hot Momma! You are a trend setter you can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go for the first option as it is the easiest! I would cut them and wear them around the house. I guess I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it is oil based use WD40. It works on everything from lipstick to crayon. Then use the dish soap to get the WD40 out. Wash like normal and it should be gone.

    ReplyDelete