Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Family Reunion: Part 2

Since before I was born, my paternal grandparents have had a cabin in Mack's Inn, Idaho (outside of West Yellowstone). After my family moved to Utah when I was twelve, we spent many long weekends up there in the summers.

When Chuck's family decided to start holding an every-three year family reunion, I thought, Great! And when his brother planned this inaugural event to be held in Mack's Inn, Greater! It was so much fun to be in a place where I spent so much time as a young person. I loved it. It doesn't hurt that it's simply beautiful, has great weather, and my parents came up during the week we were there.

Here are the highlight photos. We played puzzles, went into the park and saw buffaloes and geysers, drove to the top of Sawtelle (Rhett was enamored by the "big ball on top of the mountain"), went canoeing on Henry's Fork and found a still-unidentified egg, played in the river, ran a race, saw plenty of family, watched a 48-minute-long fireworks show (no lie), and kissed a potato. Flying in and out of Jackson Hole was just the icing on the cake.



















6 comments:

  1. looks like a perfect vacation! glad you got to do it. is your body in shock with the huge change in temperature from mack's to your home???

    the pictures are great and show a lot of fun things and people! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely Jealous! I love that part of Idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you! It didn't dawn on me until I left, but we should've gotten a photo of the two of us.

    Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fantastic! what a great trip. your parents look great too. i still can't believe we missed seeing you in jackson by only one week. honestly. i'm glad you had such a great time i hope chuck's family enjoyed the west as well. ps that potato is awesome and so is that little boy kissing it. i think it made doug homesick. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely. So fun!!! Where you headed in 3 more years????

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh. would love an email with the race pic :)
    p.s. I miss running with you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete