Monday, July 12, 2010

Family Reunion: Part 3

Random musings about the trip:
  • The hottest temperature recorded on our trip? The 87 degrees at 11:00 at night...when we returned to our car at Dulles. Blech.
  • We drove through more stoplights in the two miles between the parking lot and getting on the Dulles Toll Road than the entire previous week.
  • It was really bright there; I mean it. The sun must be more intense given the humidity-free air, the altitude, and the latitude. (I'm making this up; but it kinda makes sense, right?)
  • Now that I'm a mom and wife, it's hard to travel to places where I spent a lot of time as a single person. I want to spend all day hiking in Yellowstone and the Tetons and all night playing in West Yellowstone...not being concerned about whether or not a two-year-old will be amenable to these things. It was a little depressing.
  • It's really important for me to leave a clean house so that when I return from vacation totally drained and melancholy, at least I don't have to clean my house.
  • If I could somehow figure out how to earn enough money (or get Chuck to earn enough money) to live in the Yellowstone/Teton area, I'd put our house up for sale tomorrow today.

1 comment:

  1. so glad the temps were awesome for you - you deserved awesome weather for a change. :)

    hate stoplights.

    i think it makes sense to be brighter.

    totally depressing. it's hard. a lot of the stuff we do "for fun" really means "fun for the kids." not necessarily what i would chose if i were alone. but it is fun watching kids experiencing and seeing new things.

    totally agree on cleaning the house before ya leave.

    if you figure it out, let me know ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete