Friday, July 30, 2010

Rhett's Updated Room

For some time I've thought that Rhett's room needed updating. It felt more like a "baby's" room and not a "little guy's" room. When we changed the bed, I thought it was a great opportunity to make additional changes. I wanted his room to be a place where he wanted to hang out and be, not just a room for sleeping and changing diapers. I think we're definitely closer to that goal. Here are some of the things we did:

1. The curtains came around the summer solstice. Rhett had been waking with the sun...around 5 a.m. Obviously this was quite unacceptable so we went right out and found some new curtains. I'm pleased with these. (Now if only it would cool down some so we could keep the curtains open during the day.)

2. We ditched the overflowing stacks of books and pile of animals by sorting them into four groups. We then rotate these four groups every week. I can't believe what a difference this has made in our ability to control the mess. Every Monday before bed time, Chuck makes the switch and Rhett loves the "new" animals and the "new" books that get brought from their "sabbaticals." We like it because reading the same books over and over quickly gets old.

3. We added the little table and the bean bag chair. The table can be used for drawing, crafting, etc. and the bean bag chair for reading. His interest in doing these things in his room have definitely increased since the redesign.



5 comments:

  1. I can't even tell you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE his room! It looks amazing! You guys rock for doing that bed! When we get back you need to help me with my rooms! Love it all Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute and CUTE! Poor Connor moved into the "girls room" 2 years ago when we were getting ready for Chase to come. We changed the wall color from purple and pink to blue. At the time, I did not get around to painting the pink door frames back to white....his blue room, 2 years later, still has pink door frames.

    I miss the details...you don't miss any details and it shows! Adorable bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it's perfect! i think you accomplished exactly what you wanted to: a "little guy's room." it's really adorable - in a big-boy way, of course.

    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so crafty and creative! The bed is awesome! Such a cool room I am jealous of your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic. The curtains, two-tone paint and the awesome bed(!) go a long way to making it feel grown up. And the line of safari animals in the corner is a sweet detail.

    ReplyDelete