Monday, July 26, 2010

Today's Burst

I recently read a book in which the author said that life was made up of "bursts." These bursts were either big ones (like getting married or turning 16) or little ones (like finding a dollar in your pants). I have been thinking about these bursts ever since. I love the idea of them because I see my life frequently being buoyed by these mini-bursts. Like the day we had an earthquake. That was totally awesome. And this past Saturday I got to eat my all-time favorite french toast at Eastern Market. Yesterday was a double mini-burst day: I got to eat dinner with good friends and watch an awesome storm roll through my area. The temperature went from 97 to 72 in 10 minutes. The winds knocked down trees (one of them landed on a hood of a moving car--eek!). I love to see nature in action like that. And today, my mini-burst was free parking at the metro because it was still without power due to the storm.

What about you? Had any mini-bursts lately?

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm, i don't know. i did like my rain-burst last week - that was just too divine.

    but right now i can't think of anything else because i'm bummed about lunch. nothing looks good. and frankly nothing tastes good. i made a PB sandwich and for some reason it was gross. now i'm eating some "greek" blueberry yogurt. and it's okay/slightly gross. it would be better if it wasn't luke-warm (darn fridge!).

    so when i'm in a better mood i'll reflect more on my mini-bursts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of "bursts" too! Very fun.

    Umm, I guess going along with the rain, we had a very small little rainstorm last night that was kind of fun. I'm still getting Ali to sleep better, but last night wasn't her best, so I can't use that!! The night before she did do well, so I'll count that!

    ReplyDelete