Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Don't Feel Bad: The Boys Didn't Miss Us Either

I hope you didn't worry about the boys when Chuck and I left them for eight days. They did just fine with my parents. You are free, however, to have worried about my parents. The first day my parents had the support and company of my sister. After that they were on their own. With cousins, they all went down to some museum. Good times were had! Except when poor Ollie was pushed off the zipline. Sheesh.





After church on Sunday, my parents took the boys on a road trip to the family cabin in Idaho.






The coolest thing they saw in the park (something Rhett will continue to tell everyone he sees for months, I'm sure), was not only a grizzly mama with a cub or two, but also a grizzly feasting on bison carcass. I've never seen anything like that in Yellowstone!


And when they got back to Utah, they all went to an aquarium, which is apparently much improved since my parents' last visit.


Finally, they boys convinced my parents they were brave enough for a ride on the Heber Creeper unlike the last time we went.


I am sooo grateful to my parents who got really worn out for eight days just so Chuck and I could go on an amazing trip. I will continue to be so grateful for ten years. My gratitude expires when we ask them to do it again after 19.5 years of marriage.

2 comments:

  1. Super fun pictures. And way to go mom and dad! Why are there no pictures of the bears though?! Your boys are growing up and getting braver . . . except for hotpots, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great folks! Such fun trips for you both. I'm glad you got to do all that fun stuff with Chuck and your boys got to do that stuff with your mom and dad. They are brave for taking them in the car for such a long trip.

    ReplyDelete