Sunday, August 5, 2012

Days 11 - 15: Our Utah Trip in Pictures (still a LOT of pictures)

Today we leave for Yellowstone and I couldn't be more excited. But first, pictures from this week.

Tuesday, Day 11: The morning was pretty chill, with a trip to the playground. But that afternoon we rode the Heber Creeper. It was a little hard with Ollie because the dude is one squirmy baby. He did NOT love the train robbers that made a visit, but neither did Rhett really. Later that night, some cousins arrived!












Wednesday, Day 12: The next day, after a morning ride, Emily took the four big kids to an indoor playplace, which wasn't as impressive as the website made it out to be. But it was enough to keep little kids happy. That afternoon we went to the Wasatch County Fair for dinner. It was a bit tough convincing the kids to wait until tomorrow for rides, but we did it.






Thursday, Day 13: My baby is 1! So excited. We did some cupcakes and presents and we all enjoyed it more than Ollie, I'm sure. That afternoon we went to the fair and rode some rides. Good times for all.




















Friday, Day 14: The next day was my birthday. Because we found out Thanksgiving Point has cheap Tuesdays (thanks Angie!) we opted not to go. Instead we took Guardsman again to Brighton and hiked. Seeing as hiking Donut Falls was almost my favorite thing we've done, I was totally up for it. And man, let me just say that I love Utah. Love. Despite kids whining, despite chipmunks wanting to steal my lunch, it was awesome. That night my sister graciously offered to babysit while Chuck and went out. Unfortunately, we were stopped at everything we wanted to do. Argh. But still, a night out is a night out. And now I'm back to the good ol' odd-numbered age. Hallelujah.














Saturday, Day 15: With my parents serving a mission in Japan, we decided to have a "Japan Day." Given my parents sent us a HUGE box full of goodies (including totally cute Japanese outfits for all kids), it was an easy day to pull off. We started with some lessons on Japan (geography, language, origami, dance, stories) and then gave them the treats--some good, some not-so-good. Later that day we had fried rice for dinner. (Hey--it's close, right?  We barely got them to eat it.  Do you really think we'd be successful with sushi?)  Again, many thanks to my parents for the Japanese goods!


















2 comments:

  1. what a great week! i love the pics of ollie in the swing and he and chuck out the window. it looks like the birthdays were also a great success. so fun for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos!!!! YOU LOOK SO HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete