Thursday, August 13, 2009

By Jove I've Got It

You know how ever since middle school, us girls feel like we got the short end of the stick when it comes to bathroom matters? For example, like how obnoxious it is to have to go to the bathroom when hiking? It sucks. "Proficient at leaf wiping" is certainly not a skill I want to add to my CV.

But after years and years of searching, I think I finally found a situation in which being a girl makes it easier to go to the bathroom: Middle of the Night Bathroom Trips.

I imagine that most of you know your house pretty well. So well, in fact, that you don't have to turn on the light to make your way to the bathroom in the dark. So here's the beauty point for us gals: once we make our way to the bathroom we don't have to turn on the light. I know where my toilet is and I can just sit down. But boys?! They don't have this option! They have to turn on the light. (If they didn't, I can imagine a bunch of angry women in the morning. Not a happy thought.)

And why is this turning on the light so bad? Well, for one, it hurts. The eyes, of course, aren't adjusted to the light and there's all that squinting involved. Then, when you're done, you have to turn off the light and then you can't see anything at all because of the dark. You're disillusioned and end up bumping into things, no matter how well you know your house. Plus, the light wakes you up. Because I'm a girl and require no such light, I can remain in my half-sleep state and easily return to bed and sleep.

Hooray! We finally have ONE reason to be a happy girl in the bathroom! The fact that this hardly happens for me is a moot point. Rather, I'm just happy to know that for one small bathroom issue, it's finally easier to be a girl.

P.S. Totally unrelated to all things bathroom: If you're bored and want to take a look at our most-recent family photo shoot, please do. We're struggling to narrow down our selection because so many of them turned out so well. Thanks Jess!

4 comments:

  1. ha, that's funny. but very true. i'll think of that next time i'm up peeing in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good point. i'll try to remember that too! and I love your pics! adorable! i like how i forced people to view mine! ha ha! you are right, there are way too many good ones. i love the one with the flower, way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about the lights-off walks to the bathroom! It can be slightly dangerous, however, if you have black cats. But not worth turning on the lights! :)

    I love the pictures. I think 12 and 23 are my favorites. And, 29 and 37. And 3. So many cute ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, a reason to LOVE peeing every night!!! ;)

    DARLING pictures. SUPER SUPER cute. I'd have a TOUGH time choosing too!!!

    ReplyDelete