Friday, October 2, 2009

Blogging Lite

I wish I had a better excuse for my lame posts this week, but truth is, my life has been pretty lame. I'm having one of those weeks where I wish my life wasn't my life, you know? I saw this "Intervention" the other night about an addict from Salt Lake and I was almost crying (alright, I was crying) at how much I miss Utah. There was snow on the ground and the mountains looked beautiful. It just made me feel sorry for myself.

Then I remembered: I had a baby. Honestly, how different do I think my life would be if I was living in Utah right now? Considering my status as a mom, I don't think it would be that different. I couldn't be taking my desired backpacking trips in the Winds or the Tetons. I couldn't be skiing all the time (can't afford to). I'd probably still be taking trips to the library, running, and waiting for Chuck to come home. With the exception of occasional dinners at my parents' house instead of Chuck's parents' house, honestly, my life wouldn't be that different. I'd just have a better view and less humidity.

So now I have to stop feeling sorry for myself. It's a little easier when I look at this little guy enjoying his very first pillow. He seems to be getting the hang of it. (And yes, we really did wait 18 months to give him a pillow in his crib. He has yet to get a blanket, however.)


Cousin Emily, I hope this is honest enough. I don't have it in me to reveal nine more things. Forgive me, please?

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're right about that! Don't we always want what we can't have?! Justin wanted to go away to law school so bad, but it wasn't in the cards for us and we're here in UT. I think it has been the best thing that happened.

    Molly still doesn't use a pillow. But she's had a blanket the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get out more. We are always on the go and barely have time to stay home to complete school work. Today we had a picnic and playdate at King Farm then went down to their pond to collect pond water. We brought home and inspected it for macroinvertebrates under a magnifying glass. It was so much fun and didn't cost us a penny. It was a bit dirty, though :)

    You only have one child, you have so much control over what you can do. Get a life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man i have so many days like that, wishing my life wasn't my life. then, just like you, i have days where i can't get enough of my children. i think they are the cutest, sweetest, most fun people to be around. the highs can be oh-so-high and the lows-oh-so-low as a mom. it's a hard roller-coaster, and i so know what you mean.

    but, you are right: living in UT wouldn't make much difference. but i wouldn't mind it one bit if you did! in fact, i would LOVE it. i would so be up there more often. i wish it could work out that way, but i know it doesn't make sense. dangit.

    i love that little rhett and his pillow. super cute. i don't think miles had a pillow until he was in a bed - nearing 3 or something? :) but blankets have been necessities in our homes since are homes are SO drafty.

    anyways, enough from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amanda, please don't tell me to get a life! i absolutely do have a life. rhett and i get out every day. (although we don't have the luxury of doing the things that you do as he's still so young. a microscope at his age? not going to happen.) the point of this post is just to say that sometimes i wish my life just was different from my actual life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is definitely enough! I didn't think anyone I tagged would really do it, so thank you!

    By the way...let me know how that snuggie issue turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww I didn't mean to offend you... I meant it very light-hearted and jokingly. I did not mean to imply that you don't have a life, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so true, it's nice to PRETEND how glorious change would be, isn't it??? and when it's all said and done, i agree, we'd be doing the same thing wherever we were cause that's what MOM'S do!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete