Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

If you weren't able to guess Rhett's costume from the hat, maybe this will help? (That's Rhett's cute second (?) cousin Ally.)

And if not, maybe this one will give you a clue?

And the biggest hint of all (it's written on the bag).

Yep, our little candy corn loved Halloween. We trick-or-treated at his Aunt and Uncle's house, Grandma and Grandpa's house, and a dozen other homes for fun. When we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's house, his cousin Carolina was there. What a sweet vampire she made!

Turns out that Rhett loves knocking on doors. (Does this mean he'll make a good missionary?!) What you see here is his single fisted technique. We also saw a double-fist door knock which proved pretty effective. He liked to invite himself into other peoples' homes. And at one house, he even gave away one piece of candy. Good thing he got three in return.

And considering we stopped at less than a dozen homes, we think he did pretty well. One pound and ten ounces later...
Here's hoping for one sleepy baby tonight!

8 comments:

  1. Are Twinkies kind of a weird thing to hand out for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, he looked so good! i love how it turned out. he looks so great and happy. funny that he loves knocking on doors. :) he's totally the cutest candy corn.

    and, funny, my kids got twinkies, too. they've never had one before. we'll see what they think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he makes a cute candy corn! bedtime here took an extra hour with all our sugar buzzed kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative, adorable costume! When I first saw the hat, I guessed he might be going as a little gnome. But the candy corn is so sweet! And what a good haul he made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable and creative! I love it!!! We seriously got hooked to candy corn this past Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, I was right!!!! I had a sneaky suspicion and I LOVE candy corn, just like someone else I know, so I wondered.....DARLING and VERY creative, I just may have to come up with an adult version for next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so great erin! love his costume. i'm glad you had a fun holiday as well. the twinkies and cupcakes seem like an extra good score. syd got some capri suns, those were new halloween treats to me. good times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. one day he is going to look at these pictures and wonder what the heck he was! no wait, with your love of candy corn he will just tell you he couldn't believe you would actually make him a candy corn costume. let's go for something a little more manly next year...

    I am totally kidding!!!! Love it, love it, love it! I just wish I had your skills.

    ReplyDelete