Friday, November 20, 2009

Apparently I Forgot about Option 5

When I got home the other day, I found out that Chuck had chosen option 5 in order to deal with our illegally-parked neighbors. What's option 5, you ask? Right, I didn't give you an option 5. Turns out that option 5 is to leave a note on the car...in Spanish. Why Spanish, you ask? They'd never guess that the white guy across the street speaks Spanish. So we'll never be the target of mean glances or, say, eggs thrown at windows. Let's hope this works. Apparently neither one of us has the chutzpah to really do anything else.

And even though he didn't, I want you to imagine that Chuck dressed in all black, tip-toeing out the front door around 1 a.m. to deliver the note on the windshield. Maybe he's even wearing a black raccoon mask. Isn't that a great picture?! I don't know whether to be secretly pleased and proud of my dear husband, or secretly embarrassed that he's part wimp.

P.S. Daniel, we tried a modified-Mumma park but we were too chicken to do it fully. Hopefully we won't need to.

P.P.S. Amanda, you better believe that as soon as the foreclosure is complete, and if they continue to park like that, I'll let the bank know. But as far as I can tell, tax records indicate that ownership is still in a person's name. However, the paper taped to the door suggests that it'll soon be changing hands.

P.P.P.S. Everyone, a new puzzle: same owner, different car. They have a truck with a flat tire and flat tire has been flat for months. Do I let that one go? I'm really trying to be more laid back, but this neighbor is really pushing my buttons!

P.P.P.P.S. Off to Utah tomorrow! Wish us luck on the flights. Oy.

3 comments:

  1. ha, i think what chuck did was awesome! :) i like it - but probably cuz i'm a wimp, too.

    oh, so good luck tomorrow! it will be worth it. it's just a few hours (tho it might feel like a dozen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works! Great idea, Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to give us a follow-up on Option #5! Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete