Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Prize

This year I made a goal to finish in the top 10 (for my age group and gender) in six races hosted by my running club. It's all part of something they do called the "Championship Series" and I wanted part of it. I don't expect to get a prize at the end, but rather it was something I wanted just for me. Currently I have five races down and only one more to go. On Saturday (a day predicted to have perfect running weather) I run my final Championship Series race: a flat 5K.

Chuck said that if I run this race in 24:00 or less, I can have this car. What do you think? Can I do it? (See more pictures here.)


I'm not usually a girl who is in love with cars, but this one, ooooh, this one is much different. I love this car. I get excited when I see it on the road. I want this car so very badly that I might run my race at a pace which will cause me to puke at the end of it. That's how badly I want this car.

(Of course, none of that matters because there's no way we'd actually buy this car. But sometimes it's fun to imagine.)

6 comments:

  1. ha! run it that fast and then make chuck pay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seriously need together! There is a "Turkey Burn Off" race (5 miles) we run each year which is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Its up somewhere in Senneca. If you are around you should do it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've run that race before, jess, but unfortunately this year our plane lands right about the time this race starts. next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you should hold him too it, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Run the race and demand the car in the end :) Good luck and enjoy this gorgeous weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that i am running again i sooooo wish we could run together. you would probably still kick my butt though.

    ReplyDelete