Monday, November 16, 2009

Habitat for Hubanity: the Pantry

Since the inception of TV-free Mondays, Mondays have turned into big work parties. They're the days we worked on the yard. The days that Chuck and I switched the master bedroom from upstairs to downstairs. And now, the day that we lined the shelves in the pantry.

I saw the contact paper at Target and felt inspired. That and the fact that the cans in the pantry are turning the shelves black. That helped too. The first picture is obviously the before picture.


And these show the end product. I am really pleased with how they turned out.


The containers for flour, sugar, etc., are my favorite things in my pantry. Thanks Mom!


For full disclosure, I must confess that this project did not take place on a Monday night. It was scheduled to, but this most recent Monday was just too rough a day and neither of us was up for the job. But don't worry; we'll be back to regular Monday work days soon.

The next project I would like to tackle is painting the shutters. Has anyone every done this? I don't know where to start; we can't even figure out how to get them off the house.

3 comments:

  1. I've been debating weather I should paint our shutters or if we should just place them. Right now I'm going with replacing them. They're not too pricey (about $40 per pair), and the biggest motivation for me is that I am terrified of heights!
    I love how your pantry turned out! I think you motivated me to clean out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all about doing little things sometimes. and i love the little things. i think it looks great, too! maybe someday i'll do that here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE organizing. The pantry is awesome. I know nothing about shutters. No house we have ever lived in has had them. But, I do love them!

    ReplyDelete