Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yeah Fall!

Summers here pretty much suck. I'll admit that this summer was unusually un-humid, but generally, they are hot and humid; it's not pretty. However, spring and fall are typically very lovely. (For example, Sunday was 70 degrees. Awesome!)

When my sister was in college, she was a nurse at a summer camp in Connecticut. I remember she said that taking drives there was no fun; you couldn't see anything because all the trees got in the way. I couldn't really understand that. But boy do I understand now. There are sooo many trees and they make sooo many leaves. It's crazy. (I won't mention that my tax dollars pay for a big leaf vacuum that comes and vacuums up people's leaves. Nope, not one word about it.) Rhett loved walking through the leaves and it's certainly an activity I can support. Can you believe how big that one leaf is?! Let's not forget his head is in the 80th percentile, people. This thing is HUGE!


And just because Halloween is over, doesn't mean I can't dress up my kid in Halloween pajamas. Honestly, pajamas are my favorite thing that Rhett wears. I would love to keep him in pajamas all day. And yes, they glow in the dark. How fun are they?


5 comments:

  1. whoa that leaf is huge! wow!

    and love the PJs. ohhhh, does he like the glow-in-dark? sooooo fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, he totally glows in the dark. i'm afraid it's going to keep him up at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that's a big leaf!!! Since we've all had respiratory crud this fall I didn't think it was a good idea to let the kids jump in the leaves and risk a flare up from leaf mold. But there is nothing funner than jumping in a pile of leaves, no matter what age you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I miss the east coast but I have to admit I am loving the California weather:)

    ReplyDelete