Monday, March 15, 2010

Made by e: Finally!

Between all of our church activities this weekend, I was able to get some crafting done. The first of which was this set of reusable grocery bags. Not content to just buy them, but not content with all the plastic I go through, I knew I had to make them (even if it ended up being more expensive that just buying). I came up with these and think they might be enough to help me remember to bring them into the store! And sadly, this house will never see lobster other than that on the bag.

Next up was this shirt for Rhett. It's appropriate for church, right? If not, too late. He already wore it. I added a couple of the shirt in action, just for fun.



And finally, Rhett's Easter basket. I'm not totally happy with the ears as they don't stay up. I'm going to have to work some pipe cleaners or straws or something in there to keep them erect. But otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.

7 comments:

  1. the bags are awesome! i really like them.

    the shirt for rhett is perfect on him. totally adorable. and totally great for church. i love it. i bet other people did, too. so fun!

    and the easter basket is oh so cute. i think it's pretty much perfect, too. could you sell them on your etsy store? how big are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff! i'm sure there is a mr. pinchy who would love living at your house. the shirt is great and so is the basket. i'm trying to decide if i can fill syd's with a ball and call it good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm just going to start cutting and pasting my standard comment because I feel like I always say the same thing to you: "I wish I had an ounce of your creativity and craftiness."

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute and I LOVE Rhett's cheezy face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome! You always inspire me to get off my duff and get some projects finished. Did you use freezer paper stencils on the bags?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made that same bag for the girls last Easter. I added some stiff fabric to reinforce the ears and made them shorter to help them stand up. They still flop a bit.

    I love Rhett's shirt!!! He's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go!

    You could try cutting hangers for the ears...just a suggestion! Cute basket!

    ReplyDelete